| Ingredients :-
1 1/2 pounds Highland beef steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
10 (7-inch) bamboo skewers
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, forced through a garlic press
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh peeled ginger
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
2 teaspoons black pepper
16 Spring Onions trimmed
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, oil, ginger,
sugar, vinegar, sesame seeds, and pepper.
3. Thread the steak cubes loosely onto 8 of the skewers and thread
the remaining skewers crosswise through the middle of each spring
onion so that the onions stand parallel to one another.
4. Place the kebabs in a shallow dish just large enough to hold them,
pour the marinade over them, coating them well, and let the kebabs
marinate, chilled, turning them frequently, for 25 minutes.
5. Grill the kebabs on an oiled rack set about 6 inches over glowing
coals, turning them, for 10 minutes. Serve with salad.