500g (1lb 2oz) of Hellifield Highland Beef for stewing trimmed and
cut into cubes..
A good cooking oil either Olive Oil or Sunflower oil
1large Onion, chopped.
3 grinds Black Pepper.
Good pinch of Salt.
1 tablespoon of Flour.
1 dessert spoon of Tomato puree.
1/2 bottle of Red Wine.
125m1 (5f1 oz) water mixed with 1 Herb stock cube.
1 Desert spoon of Cornflour.
250g (9oz) mixture of cooked diced Carrot, Parsnip and Peas.
1/2 packet frozen Filo pastry, defrosted.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and cook the onions until
golden brown. Remove from pan and reserve.
2. Toss the cubed Hellifield Highland Beef in the flour, salt and
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and brown the cubes of meat
until sealed on all sides. Next add the red wine, water, stock cube
and tomato puree, bring to a simmer and transfer to a casserole
dish, cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours at gas mark 4, 150°C.
Thicken the gravy by adding a dessert spoon of cornflour mixed with
2 dessert spoons of water.
4. Cook the carrots, parsnips and peas. Place the meat and vegetables
into a pie dish.
5. Cut the filo pastry into 3" squares and scrunch the squares
one at a time and line up side by side covering the entire surface
of the pie dish. Brush with melted butter.
6. Bake for 25<30 minutes at gas mark 6, 200°C until golden